This bilingual volume contains a selection of instruments that have entered into force under the auspices of the HCCH. It also includes two new instruments which have been adopted since the release of the last edition in 2009: the 2015 Principles on Choice of Law in International Commercial Contracts - the first normative soft-law instrument developed and approved by the Organisation - and the Convention of 2 July 2019 on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Civil or Commercial Matters.
However, the addition of these two is not the only difference between this new edition and the previous versions. The Collection is lighter, featuring only those HCCH instruments that are successful and active or otherwise represent a significant contribution to the development of private international law. And, for the first time, we have included a Guide to the Collection.
The texts of the Conventions and Protocols not reproduced in this Edition are available on the HCCH website.
Price: € 30.00
An order form is available here.
Conventions (incl. Protocols and Principles)
- Statute of the Hague Conference on Private International Law 
- Convention of 5 October 1961 on the Conflicts of Laws Relating to the Form of Testamentary Dispositions 
- Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents 
- Convention of 15 November 1965 on the Service Abroad of Judicial and Extrajudicial Documents in Civil or Commercial Matters 
- Convention of 1 June 1970 on the Recognition of Divorces and Legal Separations 
- Convention of 4 May 1971 on the Law Applicable to Traffic Accidents 
- Convention of 18 March 1970 on the Taking of Evidence Abroad in Civil or Commercial Matters 
- Convention of 2 October 1973 Concerning the International Administration of the Estates of Deceased Persons 
- Convention of 2 October 1973 on the Law Applicable to Products Liability 
- Convention of 14 March 1978 on the Law Applicable to Matrimonial Property Regimes 
- Convention of 14 March 1978 on Celebration and Recognition of the Validity of Marriages 
- Convention of 14 March 1978 on the Law Applicable to Agency 
- Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction 
- Convention of 25 October 1980 on International Access to Justice 
- Convention of 1 July 1985 on the Law Applicable to Trusts and on their Recognition 
- Convention of 1 August 1989 on the Law Applicable to Succession to the Estates of Deceased Persons 
- Convention of 29 May 1993 on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption 
- Convention of 19 October 1996 on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Co-operation in Respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children 
- Convention of 13 January 2000 on the International Protection of Adults 
- Convention of 5 July 2006 on the Law Applicable to Certain Rights in Respect of Securities held with an Intermediary 
- Convention of 30 June 2005 on Choice of Court Agreements 
- Convention of 23 November 2007 on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance 
- Protocol of 23 November 2007 on the Law Applicable to Maintenance Obligations 
- Principles on Choice of Law in International Commercial Contracts 
- Convention of 2 July 2019 on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Judgments in Civil or Commercial Matters