28 abril 2015
The Permanent Bureau is pleased to announce that on Tuesday 28 April 2015, Armenia deposited its instrument of acceptance of the Statute of the Hague Conference, and thus became the Conference's 79th Member. The Permanent Bureau was represented by the Secretary General, Mr Christophe Bernasconi, the Embassy of Armenia was represented by the Ambassador of Armenia, Her Excellency Ms Dziunik Aghajanian and the Minister-Counsellor, Mr Gevorg Petrossian, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands was represented by Mr Jules van Eijndhoven and Mr Mark Groen.
The following Hague Conventions are already in force for Armenia:
- Convention of 1 March 1954 on civil procedure
- Convention of 5 October 1961 on the Conflicts of Laws Relating to the Form of Testamentary Dispositions
- Convention of 5 October 1961 Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents
- Convention of 15 November 1965 on the Service Abroad of Judicial and Extrajudicial Documents in Civil or Commercial Matters
- Convention of 18 March 1970 on the Taking of Evidence Abroad in Civil or Commercial Matters
- Convention of 25 October 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction
- Convention of 29 May 1993 on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption
- Convention of 19 October 1996 on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Co-operation in Respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children
The Permanent Bureau looks forward to Armenia's continued participation in the work of the Hague Conference and to welcoming Armenia at future meetings of the Organisation.