The Permanent Bureau of the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH) seeks a
to assist with maintaining, expanding and improving the International Child Abduction Database (INCADAT).
This consultancy is funded through a Voluntary Contribution from Miles & Stockbridge, P.C.
The following criteria are essential for prospective applicants:
- A law degree (Bachelor/Licentiate or equivalent), with a good understanding of the fundamentals of common, civil law and other legal traditions;
- Good knowledge of relevant Hague Conventions in this field, in particular the 1980 Child Abduction Convention;
- Oral and written fluency in English; good command of French and / or Spanish is an asset;
- Excellent drafting and editorial skills;
- Excellent skills to communicate and interact with governmental authorities, members of the judiciary, and other experts;
- Experience handling a website content management system;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality outcomes within agreed timeframes.
The selected candidate will provide the following services:
- Ensuring the INCADAT database is up-to-date and complete, by:
- Co-ordinating case details, synopses and summaries of cases with INCADAT correspondents and ensuring that the terminology used in the case details, synopsis and summaries is consistent throughout the INCADAT database;
- Liaising with INCADAT Correspondents with regard to the review of their work;
- Uploading to the INCADAT website case details, synopses and summaries;
- Co-ordinating the translation of case details, synopses and summaries into English, French, and or Spanish;
- Consolidating the global network of INCADAT Correspondents;
- Managing ICT aspects of the database, including troubleshooting, liaising with Thirdwave, and working with the Client to resolve issues.
Term of the consultancy: 6 months, 20-30 hours per month.
Remuneration: hourly rate to be determined based on experience.
Commencement: July / August 2018. Some transition training may be envisaged.
Place of duty: The Hague. Home-based and / or teleworking arrangements may be considered.
Deadline for applications: 19 June 2018.
Applications: written applications should be made by e-mail, with Curriculum Vitae, letter of motivation and at least two references, to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, at <email@example.com>.