Canada - Competent Authority (Art. 6)
1. The Government of Canada, in accordance with Article 6 of the Convention, designates the following authorities by reference to their official functions as competent to issue the certificates referred to in the first paragraph of Article 3 of the Convention:
- the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development;
- the Ministry of the Attorney General of British Columbia;
- the Ministry of Justice of Alberta;
- the Ministry of Justice and Attorney General of Saskatchewan;
- the Ministry of Public and Business Service Delivery of Ontario.
2. The Government of Canada further states that it may at any time give notice of any change in the designated authorities pursuant to the second paragraph of Article 6 of the Convention.
This page was last updated on: