Articles: 4, 15-18, 23, 27, 33
The Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with Articles 4 and 33 of the Convention shall accept in its territory letters of request of the Contracting States, if they are composed in English and accompanied by a certified translation into the Kazakh and (or) Russian languages.
1) taking of evidence by diplomatic officers or consular agents of other Contracting States without compulsion in civil or commercial matters stipulated by Article 15 of the Convention shall be possible only subject to the permission of the competent authority of' the Republic of Kazakhstan;
2) taking of evidence without compulsion in civil or commercial matters stipulated in Articles 16 and 17 of the Convention shall be possible without prior permission of the competent authority of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
3) diplomatic officer or consular agent or designated person authorized to take evidence may apply to the competent authority of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the request for assistance referred to in Article 18 of the Convention subject to the conformity with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
4) on the basis of Article 23 of the Convention letters of request issued for the purpose of obtaining pre-trial discovery of documents as known in Common law countries shall not be executed in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
5) execution of actions and use of other methods of taking evidence in accordance with paragraphs b) and c) of Article 27 of the Convention shall be permitted under the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan.