Welcome to the iSupport Section
iSupport, co-ordinated by the Permanent Bureau of the HCCH, was born out of the ambition to develop an electronic case management and secure communication system for the cross-border recovery of maintenance obligations under the EU 2009 Maintenance Regulation and the 2007 HCCH Child Support Convention. An initial project, supported by a significant European Union action grant, nine HCCH Member States and three organisations, resulted in the delivery of the iSupport software. Portugal has been using it in a pilot capacity since the autumn of 2016 and extension to other States is ongoing.
iSupport uses the e-CODEX electronic communication technology, in line with the requirements of the eIDAS Regulation. Both e-CODEX and iSupport are released under the EUPL licence, allowing States to realise considerable savings and to provide their citizens with effective access to justice.
From 2016 to 2018, a second EU-funded project, iSupport 2.0, focused on consolidating the software with new functionalities and supporting the efforts of further countries to join.
A third EU-funded project, iSupport PM, lasted from 2018 to 2020. It focused on the implementation of data encryption in the application.
In September 2020, a new EU-funded project, iSupport ISD, started with the support of Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Portugal and Switzerland. The project will work on the provision of statistics and enhancements to the design of the application, as well as on circulating information on the 2007 Convention for caseworkers and applicants.
iSupport is available in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
In November 2019, iSupport was nominated for an award (top three out of 81 candidates) at the 2019 European Public Sector Award in the European and National administrative category.
Please note that iSupport is a tool for Central Authorities that cannot be used by individuals or the legal professions. If you are seeking to recover child support abroad, please contact national authorities.
To download iSupport, please contact the iSupport team at the Permanent Bureau.
iSupport related news:
- iSupport - Third successful EU Action Grant Application
- Launch of iSupport - First Meeting of the iSupport Governing Body
- iSupport 2.0 Awarded EU Action Grant
- iSupport and e-APP: e-Justice priorities for the European Union
- iSupport Governing Body, 20 January 2022- Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 23 Novembre 2021- Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 29 April 2021- Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 4 February 2021- Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 18 June 2020 - Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 18 October 2019 - Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 12 April 2019 - Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 4 October 2018 - Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 12 September 2017-Conclusions and recommendations
- iSupport Governing Body Meeting, 18 and 19 January 2017 - Conclusions and Recommendations
- Info.Doc. No 7 of February 2015 - Governance issues in relation to iSupport
- 1 May 2015 iSupport Call for tender (including updated Q & A and updated Payment schedule lot 1)
- Report of 4-5 December 2014 Meeting of the Advisory Board
- Official description of the iSupport Project (1-09-2014)
- Prel. Doc. No 5 of September 2009 - Draft Business plan for the development of iSupport - the electronic case management and communication system 2007 Child Support Convention and 2007 Protocol
iSupport Specifications and guides:
- Deliverables document as updated by Protech
- 2018 Amendments to the Deliverables document
- 2017 Amendments to the Deliverables document
- Design specification documents (DSD)
- Security and data protection report
- User Manual [the manual is also available in French, Spanish and Portuguese (choose ‘other languages’ at the top of the screen)]
The content of this page represents the views of the Permanent Bureau of the HCCH only and is its sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.