Artikel: 2, 4, 23, 33
1. In accordance with Article 2 of the Convention, the Ministry of Justice is designated to be the Central Authority.
2. In accordance with Article 33 of the Convention, the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam excludes, in whole, the application of the provisions of paragraph 2 of Article 4, as well as those of Chapter II of the Convention.
3. In accordance with paragraph 1 of Article 4 of the Convention, the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam declares that a Letter of Request shall be in Vietnamese or be accompanied by a translation into Vietnamese.
4. In accordance with Article 23 of the Convention, the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam declares that it will not execute Letters of Request issued for the purpose of obtaining pre-trial discovery of documents as known in Common Law countries, unless all of the following conditions are met:
- The judicial proceeding before competent court has been commenced;
- The documents to be collected are specified in the Letters of Request as to date, subject and relevant information and facts to prove the direct relationship between information sought and the pending proceeding; and
- The documents are related to the requested person or under the person's possession or control.