Irlanda - autoridad competente (art. 23)
Pursuant to Article 23, Paragraph 2 of the Convention, Ireland hereby notifies the following as the authority competent to certify adoptions as having been made in accordance with the Convention:
Údarás Uchtála na hÉireann (Adoption Authority of Ireland)
The functions of the Authority are as set out in Section 96 of the Adoption Act, 2010 as follows:
- on or after the establishment day, performing the functions in relation to adoptions that before that day were performed by An Bord Uchtála;
- as specified in section 66 of the Act, performing in the State the role of a Central Authority under the Hague Convention;
- at the request of the Minister for Health and Children, providing general advice to him or her about adoption matters;
- undertaking or assisting in research projects and activities relating to adoption services;
- compiling statistical information and other records as to the proper planning, development and provision of those adoption services;
- maintaining a register of accredited bodies; and
- maintaining the register of intercountry adoptions.
The Authority has all the powers as are necessary or expedient for the performance by it of its functions and may make such enquiries as it considers necessary for the performance of its functions.
This page was last updated on: