The Permanent Bureau (PB) of the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH) is seeking an:
Administrative Assistant (legal) (full-time (40 hours))
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Higher / university education; legal education or experience preferable (e.g., Bachelor of Professional Studies degree (BPS) with a concentration in Legal Studies; Dutch HBO, Bachelor “Rechten”; or equivalent);
- At least three years of relevant professional experience, preferably within an international working environment;
- Fluency in English or French, with a good working knowledge of the other; good knowledge of Dutch preferable;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as MS Dynamics 365; other IT knowledge / experience is an advantage.
He or she will also be able to:
- work under pressure to demanding deadlines in a forward-facing role, while remaining flexible and proactive;
- learn relevant work processes quickly while also contributing to their further improvement;
- work in a multicultural environment;
- interact effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts with confidence and poise.
The successful applicant will provide administrative support in English and French, including drafting, formatting, and reviewing legal and other documents as well as day-to-day correspondence, assisting with the co-ordination and advancement of various HCCH projects, updating the HCCH’s databases, answering the telephone and door, and providing general assistance during international meetings held by the HCCH. The Administrative Assistant will also be called upon to carry out other related tasks as needed, in collaboration with the members of the Administrative Team. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Administration.
Type of appointment and duration: local recruitment, two-year contract (six-month probationary period), possibility for renewal.
Grade (Co-ordinated Organisations scale for the Netherlands): +/- B2 / B3 subject to relevant experience. Tax-free salary and other privileges and immunities according to the agreements of the HCCH with the Host State.
Deadline for applications: 19 August 2019.
Anticipated starting date: September 2019.
Applications: written applications should be sent by e-mail, with Curriculum Vitae, letter of motivation and contact information for at least two references, to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applicants must be nationals of Member States of the HCCH. The Permanent Bureau strives for gender balance and equitable geographical representation in its recruitment and hiring practices. The Permanent Bureau reserves the right not to make any appointment to this vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.