Welcome to the iSupport Section
iSupport, co-ordinated by the Permanent Bureau of the Hague Conference, was born out of the ambition to develop an electronic case management and secure communication system for the cross-border recovery of maintenance obligations under the EU 2009 Maintenance Regulation and the 2007 Hague Child Support Convention. An initial project, supported by a significant European Union action grant, nine Hague Conference Member States and three organisations, resulted in the delivery of the iSupport software. Portugal and the state of California have been using it in a pilot capacity since the autumn of 2016 and extension to other States is ongoing.
iSupport uses the e-CODEX electronic communication technology, in line with the requirements of the eIDAS Regulation. Both e-CODEX and iSupport are released under the EUPL licence, allowing States to realise considerable savings and to provide their citizens with effective access to justice.
From 2016 to 2018, a second EU-funded project, iSupport 2.0, focused on consolidating the software with new functionalities and supporting the efforts of further countries to join. A new EU-funded project, iSupport PM (for Promotion & Maintenance) started on 1 September 2018 and will last until 2020. It involves 15 States: Austria, Brazil, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Switzerland, the United States of America. The project’s two main objectives are maintaining and improving the software as well as enlarging the number of participants.
iSupport related news:
- iSupport - Third successful EU Action Grant Application
- Launch of iSupport - First Meeting of the iSupport Governing Body
- iSupport 2.0 Awarded EU Action Grant
- iSupport and e-APP: e-Justice priorities for the European Union
- iSupport Governing Body, 4 October 2018 - Minutes
- iSupport Governing Body, 12 September 2017-Conclusions and recommendations
- iSupport Governing Body Meeting, 18 and 19 January 2017 - Conclusions and Recommendations
- Info.Doc. No 7 of February 2015 - Governance issues in relation to iSupport
- 1 May 2015 iSupport Call for tender (including updated Q & A and updated Payment schedule lot 1)
- Report of 4-5 December 2014 Meeting of the Advisory Board
- Official description of the iSupport Project (1-09-2014)
- Prel. Doc. No 5 of September 2009 - Draft Business plan for the development of iSupport - the electronic case management and communication system 2007 Child Support Convention and 2007 Protocol
iSupport Specifications and guides:
- Deliverables document as updated by Protech
- 2018 Amendments to the Deliverables document
- 2017 Amendments to the Deliverables document
- Design specification documents (DSD)
- Security and data protection report
- User Manual
The content of this page represents the views of the Permanent Bureau of the Hague Conference on Private International Law only and is its sole responsibility. The European Commission does not accept any responsibility for use that may be made of the information it contains.